350 Starbucks have Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwiches.
Looking for a gluten free breakfast sandwich at Starbucks? There are 350 stores that have them. You'll find them in locations throughout San Diego County, California, and in greater Miami, Florida. I had the chance to try one on Monday, September 26th. Here's a closeup look:
According to Starbucks media relations, "Starbucks is currently testing a Gluten-Free Breakfast sandwich in 350 Starbucks locations in San Diego and Miami. The test started in August and runs through early October. " So you have to run quickly to a store to get one before they're gone!
Look for them in the pastry case:
Each gluten free breakfast sandwich is a generous portion of egg, cheese, and Canadian bacon. The bread was pretty good. I did notice that it was a little powdery or dry in texture. Nonetheless, it was an excellent breakfast sandwich and I enjoyed it. I think this could work nationally!
The breakfast sandwich comes in its own separate wrapper also:
If you like reading about tests that Starbucks tries in a limited number of stores, skim through here:
Over the years, Starbucks has really innovated in every way possible around food and beverage. Some of the test stories I especially enjoyed are here:
- The Espresso Affogato Strato (I never tried this but the feedback I heard from comments and on social media was that this was delish.)
- Nitro Teavana Peach Tranquility Tea (This is the bomb. I'm still campaigning for this to go national.)
- Melted Truffle Mocha (A mocha made with real truffles.)
- French Vanilla Custard Latte. (This was a tiny test of a very delicious all-new fall idea. I wish it had caught on!)
- The Copacabana Beach Frappuccino. (A pretty amazingly yummy treat Frappuccino!)
Click onto the names of the test beverages listed above to open up a StarbucksMelody story on them. Always keep in mind that Starbucks tests many more items than what actually makes it to a national launch.
I'd love to know what you think of the new Starbucks Gluten Free Canadian Bacon Breakfast Sandwich.