10 things you should know about Starbucks and the month of November: November is a great month at Starbucks. Did you know that lots of interesting things have happened first in November for Starbucks?
- November 2, 2011: Starbucks launched their Create Jobs for USA initiative in cooperation with Opportunity Finance Network on November 2nd last year. Time has flown by!
- November 4, 1985: Did you know that Starbucks first incorporated as a public corporation way back when, on November 4, 1985. Where were you in November 1985?
- November 4, 2008: Did you know that Thanksgiving Blend coffee first launched into the whole bean coffee lineup on November 4, 2008?
- November 5, 2010: Did you know that Starbucks opened their first store in El Salvador on November 5, 2010?
- November 11, 1984: Did you know that Starbucks first launched Christmas Blend in stores on November 11, 1984? If you're looking for an amazing article with some really old history on Christmas Blend, read this article on the BrandAutopsy.com website. Today is the 28th birthday of Christmas Blend! That's a coffee that has stood the test of time! I'm happy to see it back in stores today!
- November 13, 2012: Christmas Blend launches in the Verismo Pod format! I had to sneak this in. I had the chance to try a cup earlier today (November 12, 2012) and I'm impressed! It has a lot of spicy flavor. I hope Santa brings me a Verismo for Christmas. ;) I've been nice! This is a must-have pod for bold coffee drinkers. The body of the coffee is just a little thinner than what I expect from it by other brew methods, but the flavor totally holds its own. You can buy the Christmas Blend Verismo pods at StarbucksStore.com also.
- November 14, 2001: Starbucks introduces the Starbucks Card into their stores. For the first time, customers can pay and use a Starbucks Card at the register. As I understand it, this was launched just in time for the holidays! I'm not positive if it was the 13th or 14th for the introduction of the Starbucks card, but it's the 14th that I've seen cited in blog articles and websites. In 2001, the Tuesday was the 13th, so that would make logical sense as the launch date, but it was so long ago ... I really don't know. It was definitely November 2001, and either the 13th or the 14th.
- November 15, 2000: Did you know that the Gingerbread Latte was first introduced into the Starbucks beverage lineup in November 2000? This article here cites it as a November 15, 2000, though that was a Wednesday, so I would expect that the exact launch date of the all-new Gingerbread Latte would have been November 14, 2000.
- November 17, 2009: Starbucks introduces an all-new beverage into the holiday lineup. Did you know that the Caramel Brulee latte made its debut on November 17, 2009?
- November 26, 2008: Did you know that Starbucks opened their first store in Bulgaria on November 26, 2008?
There you have it! Ten essential November Starbucks history lessons. If you like more of this kind of thing, you can follow @SbuxCalendar on Twitter which is tweets periodic important dates in Starbucks history.
If you like the holiday beverages, go to Starbucks November 15, 2012 through November 18, 2012 (from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.) and you can take advantage of a "buy one, get one free" promotion. Now's a chance to go with a friend, a buy one holiday beverage, and get the other for free.
Today is the launch of holiday 2012 at Starbucks! I will have more articles up soon about this year's holiday offerings and store holiday decor.